Health & Nutrition
Today’s consumers are looking for healthier product choices that also taste great. Ingredion Incorporated’s health and nutrition product offering provides a variety of solutions to support bone, heart, immune, glycemic and digestive health.
Our full line of nutrition solutions includes:
- Prebiotic fibers
- Resistant starch
- Soluble fibers – FOS and GOS
- Plant derived calcium and minerals
- Inulin fibers
Our nutrition ingredients can be used in:
Cereals, snacks, bread and baked goods, beverages, dairy, infant formula, savory foods and dietary supplement applications.
Did you know?
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) are a natural prebiotic fiber that supports immune health and calcium absorption. Ingredion’s London, Ontario facility is home to the only FOS channel in North America.
- Galactooligosaccharides (GOS) are a prebiotic fiber naturally found in breast milk that supports immune and digestive health.
- Prebiotic fibers support the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon, which can support calcium absorption to maintain digestive and immune health.
- Resistant starches are starches that escape digestion in the small intestine. Resistant starches are naturally found in beans, bananas and other fruits and vegetables. Resistant starch (RS2) is a natural dietary fiber that has proven benefits for supporting blood sugar health and weight management.