Dairy and dairy alternatives
Create consumer-winning dairy products with Ingredion
Make your dairy formulation goals a reality
Whether you’re looking for cost optimisation through ingredient replacement or pushing ahead with healthier recipes or cleaner labels – sensory appeal plays a vital role in driving category differentiation. That’s our forte and we’re here to help your dairy portfolio stand out in a crowded market. Ingredion can help you keep pace with the latest consumer-driven trends and significantly reduce product development times.
We do this using our application know-how to advise you on the unique capabilities of starch solutions in the dairy sector. Our partnership approach is built around helping you find the delicious balance between cost, quality and speed to market.
Overcome your formulation challenges with Ingredion
Ingredion combines science-based problem solving expertise with an extensive range of innovative ingredient solutions to help manufacturers in the dairy sector overcome the most critical formulation challenges.
- Reduce costs, maintain texture: reduce costs by replacing expensive ingredients such as fat, protein or dairy solids in yoghurts or custards with our functional starches, without compromising taste or texture.
- Go clean label: our dairy specialists and chefs can help you cater to the latest clean label and free-from trends and advise you as to which of our clean label ingredients meet your specific needs.
- Create differentiated texture: smooth, rich, thick or creamy – improve textures in dairy to stand out from the competition and have consumers come back for more.
- Enhance nutritional profile: meet consumer trends for healthier foods and formulate for nutrition by reducing fat or sugar while maintaining the taste and rich, indulgent textures consumers love.
- Tap into the plant-based market: develop satisfying dairy alternatives with our plant-based proteins that appeal to health-conscious and environmentally-aware consumers.
The business of clean label
We make it our business to understand what consumers want in their products. We focus our development activity on research which relates directly to consumer insights.
With the clean label category set to be valued at over $50 billion by 2024, it’s a mega trend food producers can’t afford to ignore.
Consumer demand for clean label is well documented, but some manufacturers may be unaware that a clean label approach makes sound business sense too. Find out how you can incorporate clean label ingredients to support your commercial drivers and deliver healthy business returns.