NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fibre
The purest form of short-chain fructooligosaccharide (scFOS) available on the market today
A standout among dietary fibres
Today’s consumers are more attuned to the importance of dietary and prebiotic fibres for maintaining digestive health. Yet achieving just-right taste and superior performance in your food and beverages, along with the fibre consumers want, takes the right ingredient. Trust our teams of technical and market experts to provide guidance when selecting from our broad portfolio of in-demand ingredients. Our formulation and application expertise will bring your vision to life and accelerate speed to market.
Deliver great-tasting products with enhanced fibre, reduced sugar and digestive support
NUTRAFLORA® is one of the most effective prebiotic fibres and the purest form of short-chain fructooligosaccharide (sdFOS) availabile on the market today. Its primary benefit is to help increase healthy gut bacteria in the large intestine and is scientifically substantiated to support digestive health.1
Other valuable benefits
- Easy to use and virtually unseen when added to food and beverage applications
- Contains a minimum of 95% (dry basis) of scFOS
- Produced from non-GMO sucrose (cane sugar) through a nature-based bio-fermentation process
- 30% as sweet as sugar with fewer calories and a similar sweetness profile
- No aftertaste
Achieve label claims that accelerate your growth
Products offering enhanced fibre and digestive health support are in high demand. By including even small quantities of NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fibre in your products, you can add consumer-preferred label claims2 that will help you win your market, including:
- Gentle prebiotic
- Promotes digestive function
- Increase mineral absorption
- Promote bifidobacteria growth
- Improve gut health in people with gastrointestinal discomfort
Create consumer-preferred food and beverages
Gentle and well-tolerated, NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fibre is easily integrated in many products, such as:
- Dietary supplements
- Bars (nutritional, granola) and cold cereals
- Dairy (fluid milk, yogurt, ice cream)
- Functional beverages
- Non-dairy drinks
- Snacks and confectionery
Rely on our trusted experience to meet standards and requirements
The safety and effectiveness of NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fibre are built on a foundation of more than 20 years of research. Our ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000 certified facility enables us to deliver a consistent molecular composition of this prebiotic.
Enjoy first-rate functionality and processing
NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fibre ranks high in taste, performance and purity, providing you with new ways to create value:
- Enhances flavour and rounds out the sweetness profile of high-intensity sweeteners
- Provides very low viscosity and high clarity in solution compared to other prebiotic fibres
- High solubility and dispersibility, ideal for liquid or dry formulations
- High-temperature stability under conditions such as HTST, UHT, retort, shear, drying, extrusion and batch cooking
- Extends humectancy and shelf life
- Suitable for use in low-calorie products
Solve formulation challenges with our expertise and ingredient portfolio
Create appeal and promote consumer well-being with solutions designed to maintain and improve digestive and gut health.
BIOLIGO™ GL prebiotic fibre
Enhance nutritional value with formulation-friendly prebiotic soluble fibre.
Prebiotics for infant nutrition
Support infant digestive health with high-quality ingredients.
1Hidaka K, Eida T, Takizawa T, Tokunaga T, Tashiro Y. Effects of fructooligosaccharides on intestinal flora and human health. Bifidobacteria Microflora 1986 5(1):37-50. Additional citations available upon request.
2Digestive claims made with suggested NUTRAFLORA® inclusion of a minimum of 1.1 g/day
This information is intended to support the efforts of our customers to develop and implement an appropriate labeling strategy for products containing Ingredion’s products. In all respects, the ultimate decisions on how to identify claims on food packages and label ingredients on food packages remains with our customers. Ingredion Incorporated and the Ingredion group of companies make no warranty about the accuracy or completeness of the information contained above or the suitability of any of our products for your specific intended use. We urge you to carefully review the relevant regulations and to seek appropriate legal counsel as you determine the labeling requirements applicable to your products.
Product availability differs by country. Reach out to our experts to find a suitable solution for your needs.