Gums and hydrocolloids
Reliable gums for great products
Formulating consumer-winning foods and beverages is a delicate science. Not only do products have to leave a lasting impression on consumers, but they must also appeal in other ways to compete on the shelves.
Our hydrocolloids are designed around your needs — so you can make your formulation goals a reality. Hydrocolloids are among the most versatile and utilised ingredients available to the food and beverage industry. They present a unique opportunity to improve texture and add functionality while helping you to reduce ingredients and achieve cost savings.
TIC Gums and Gum Technology, part of the Ingredion group of companies, has everything you need to help you accelerate your growth. Offer consumers signature textures and mouthfeel with the label-friendly ingredients they prefer. Add indulgent mouthfeel, build viscosity, enhance texture and increase stability with our full line of conventional and naturally derived gums — made from natural sources like seeds, trees and seaweed.
With our broad portfolio of in-demand ingredients and tested expertise, you can support consumer-preferred label claims like “gluten-free,” “non-GMO,” “organic” and “kosher.” Whatever your formulation goals, our teams of technical and market experts are on the ground and ready to help you optimise consumer appeal, functionality and cost-savings.
Ingredion APAC's range of hydrocolloids
From improving the texture of a gluten-free muffin to stabilising a non-protein dairy drink; hydrocolloids can provide the tools you need to formulate or reformulate to satisfy key trends and achieve the textures, consistency and visual appeal consumers crave and expect.
TIC® Gum Arabic
Gum acacia, also known as gum arabic, is the dried exudate gathered from acacia trees that grow in the Sahelian region of Africa. Used widely in beverages and confectionery, its features include
- Emulsifies and stabilises flavours and beverages
- Encapsulates flavours
- Forms films and coatings in panned confections
- Enhances mouthfeel in beverages
- Strong adhesive and binding properties
Product range includes - TIC Pretested® Gum Arabic FT Powder, TIC Pretested® Gum Arabic Spray Dry Powder, Pre-Hydrated® Gum Arabic FT, Pre-Hydrated® Gum Arabic FT-1 and Pre-Hydrated® Gum Arabic Spray Dry Powder
TicaPAN® Coating System
TicaPAN® Coating System is a non-gum arabic based system suitable in confectionery panning applications. Whether it is for binding or strengthening of oil in panned confections, nuts, maltballs, chocolate or to polish chocolate covered raisins or nuts or create edible films and glitters for cake decoration, we have the solution for you!
- Cost saving in pan-coating system
- Improves productivity with faster drying time
- Increases the strength of the coating; prevent the chipping
- 1-to-1 replacement of gum arabic with TicaPAN 311
- Provides crunchy texture with TicaPan Quick Crunch
- Potentially eliminates the use of Titanium dioxide - cleaner label
Product range includes - TIC Pretested® Gum Arabic FT Powder, TIC Pretested® Gum Arabic Spray Dry Powder, Pre-Hydrated® Gum Arabic FT and Pre-Hydrated® Gum Arabic FT-1
The unique Ticaloid® systems leverage on a combination of gums to deliver the ideal synergies suitable for your dairy, beverage and confectionary applications. It acts mainly as a stabiliser and delivers clean flavour release and creaminess for your product.
- Protein stabilisation
- Suitable for pasturisation and UHT process
- Controls viscosity development and emulsion stability
- Imparts unique texture for confectionary
TIC Tara Gum
TIC Tara Gum is a cost-effective galactomannan like locust bean gum and guar gum with similar uses in dairy applications, fruit preparations and beverages. It helps to impart thickness and a smooth creamy mouthfeel to dairy products, soups and sauces.
- Heightens freeze-thaw stability
- Creates creamy mouthfeel and smooth texture
- Provides viscosity
- Synergises with xanthan and carrageenan
- Cold water swelling
Organic grade is available.
Dairyblend YG 12 NGMO
A customised stabilising system recommended for both dairy and dairy-free yogurt applications. It is designed to provide a smooth mouthfeel, eliminate or minimise syneresis and reduce added non fat dry milk (NFDM) while maintaining quality in yogurt application.
- Tolerance to high shear and heat
- Enhances creamy mouthfeel and smooth texture
- Prevents syneresis
Organic grade is available.
SIMPLISTICA® ingredient systems offer optimum solutions with hydrocolloids, starches, plant proteins, sweeteners and more so that you can align your formulations and label claim goals.
Product range - SIMPLISTICA® DY7210
Ticaxan® Xanthan is a multi-purpose thickener and stabiliser made through fermentation. It is a high-performance xanthan gum for a wide range of applications from sauce, salad dressing, bakery, beverage to dry mix.
- Stabilises and emulsifies salad dressings and sauces
- Improves cling of dressings and sauces
- Suspends particulates
- Controls moisture in refrigerated dough
- Pseudoplastic rheology
- Tolerant to extremes of heat and pH (2.0- 10.0)
- Cold water soluble
Product range - Ticaxan Xanthan 200EC
Tica Algin Alginate
TICA Algin Alginate is a gel-forming gum extracted from brown seaweed of the species Lessonia nigrescens and L. flavicans. It forms irreversible gels with calcium ions.
- Provides gelling for desserts and dairy products
- Prevents bakery icings from sticking to packaging
- Improves cooking yield and texture in meat systems
- Controls syneresis in cheese
- Forms films for adhesives and coatings
- Suspends particulates
Product range includes - TICA-Algin 613
TIC Organic Product Line
Our TICorganic line of certified organic gums and gum systems creates a tangle of possibilities to help you formulate organic products. From organic guar, organic gum arabic, organic locust bean gum, organic starch to organic stabilising system, we are able to support you in your organic food formulation.