The message is loud and clear — fiber is essential to our health and well-being. Today, a great number of consumers are seeking fiber in everything from breakfast cereals and snacks to side dishes and beverages.
You can create the fiber-rich products consumers are searching for with help from Ingredion. Our nutrition experts will steer you to the right choices in our broad portfolio of in-demand fibers — carefully chosen or developed with your needs in mind — to answer consumers’ top health concerns.
When you work with Ingredion, our teams of technical, market and CULINOLOGY® experts can help you design fiber-rich products consumers will love and come back for. We have the tested experience and formulation expertise you need to get your products to market faster. Let our nutrition team be your dedicated guide for claims, substantiation, label requirements and more.
Proven fiber solution
- Bring more consumer-friendly fiber to your products with versatile VERSAFIBE™ 285 soluble corn fiber. This clean-tasting solution features 85% soluble fiber, high digestive tolerance and minimal sensory impact. Plus, it can help you differentiate your products — with higher fiber content and consumer-friendly claims — in a variety of beverage, bakery and dairy applications. This ingredient also excels in building build back bulk, texture, sensory and functional attributes in reduced-sugar formulations.
- Bring digestive health benefits to baked goods, snacks, pasta, smoothies and soups with HI-MAIZE® 260 resistant starch. This dietary fiber and type 2 resistant starch received authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for a qualified health claim that can be used on the packaging of conventional foods.
- Increase the level of good bacteria in the gut with NUTRAFLORA® prebiotic fiber, a short-chain fructooligosaccharide (scFOS). This ingredient is scientifically proven to support digestive health and is one of the most effective prebiotic fibers on the market today. Thirty percent as sweet as sugar, with a similar sweetness profile and fewer calories, the prebiotic can also help reduce sugar in your formulations.
- Create value-added foods and beverages with a soluble prebiotic fiber that’s proven to promote immune and digestive function, BIOLIGO® GL 5700 galacto-oligosaccharide (GOS).
- Deliver just-right taste, texture and even lower calories — without impacting appeal — with our type 4 resistant starches, both of which are Low FODMAP Certified, NOVELOSE® 3490 tapioca-based dietary fiber and VERSAFIBE™ 1490 potato-based dietary fiber.
- Provide fiber and protein with VITESSENCE® plant-based protein concentrates and HOMECRAFT® Pulse flours.
 Hidaka K, Eida T, Takizawa T, Tokunaga T, Tashiro Y. Effects of fructooligosaccharides on intestinal flora and human health. Bifidobacteria Microflora 1986 5(1):37-50. Additional citations available upon request.