Get the most out of your meats
You want to deliver the meat products that consumers love and solve the challenges of creating them — plus get all the functional, performance and labeling benefits that will make your products stand out. You don’t have to compromise — and neither do consumers.
When you work with the meat experts at Ingredion Idea Labs™ innovation centers, you can replace fat, improve yield, simplify your label, enhance texture, manage moisture, and improve cold temperature stability and shelf life in your processed meat, poultry, fish and alternative meat products. Explore our broad range of starches, pulse proteins and flours, and hydrocolloid-based solutions to address these needs while providing tender, juicy and delicious meat and alternative meat products. We'll work with you to:
- Increase yield
- Manage moisture
- Remove phosphates for a cleaner label
- Create an eating experience and texture that satisfies
- Replace fat to improve nutritional value
Increase yields in injection/tumbled marinades
Get juicier products with no flavor interference with our unique starches designed for injection and tumbled meat marinades — and save money through increased yields. Plus, your products will have better storage stability and hold up in many freeze/thaw cycles while maintaining their juicy bite. Or deliver the appeal of clean and simple labels without compromising quality or your bottom line.
- Achieve “no additives/preservatives” labeling with N-HANCE 59® and NOVATION® 2700 functional native starches and PENPURE® 37 native starches, which remove phosphates and deliver higher yields and succulence — all with simple ingredients that support a clean label.
- Develop marinades that help you increase yield, improve firmness and bite without flavor interference, and reduce in-package purge for a higher-quality appearance with PENBIND® 1000 modified potato starches and FIRM-TEX® modified waxy corn starches.
Improve your emulsified and meat analogs
Improve the firmness and the chew of your meat while maintaining great flavor. You'll get a product that has a longer shelf life and tastes perfectly juicy and flavorful while saving costs by increasing yields.
- Significantly improve product yields, save money and get the perfect bite and firmness by using our PENBIND® 1015 modified potato starch and FIRM-TEX® waxy corn starches
- Replace fat to improve nutritional value by using PENGEL® 8 modified potato starch gel for a high-quality, succulent and tender product with an authentic bite
Find the meat expertise you need with us
Collaborate with the meat experts of Ingredion Idea Labs™ innovation centers to deliver the delicious and affordable meat products today’s consumers want – and help solve your scale-up challenges so you can launch your new product quickly and cost-efficiently. With applications and CULINOLOGY® support, full prototyping capabilities, and innovative texture technology, we can help you get precisely what you need in new products or line extensions. Partner with us to find the ingredient solutions you’re looking for.
CULINOLOGY is a registered trademark of the Research Chefs Association. Used with permission.
Capture benefits in chopped and formed meat
Use our starches in ground and formed meat to help increase yields and maintain moisture without affecting flavor. You can also reduce fat while maintaining the meaty taste, texture, shape and structure consumers expect. Bind moisture and fat in your product to provide the structure and texture consumers want with PENBIND® 1015 modified potato starch Reduce fat and improve the nutritional profile of products, without compromising appearance and taste with PENGEL® 8 starch gel Optimize processing and improve machinability by creating just-right, firm textures and improved moisture control with less stickiness
Innovate with plant-based meats
Address consumer demand for plant-based alternative meats and meet the growing need for non-GMO and soy-free products. Deliver meat-like texture and nutritional benefits with our broad portfolio of differentiated, plant-based pulse proteins and flours. Try one of our VITESSENCE® Pulse proteins from pea, lentil and faba bean and HOMECRAFT® Pulse flours. They are sustainable, non-GMO, offer excellent emulsification and improved water-and oil-holding capacity. You can also deliver extended shelf life stability, texture and process tolerance with our broad portfolio of clean label NOVATION® functional native starches.