Bring your vision to life with innovative ingredient solutions
Create business value with consumer-winning bakery
Consumers are expecting more than ever from their baked goods. They want healthier options, with cleaner labels, that still deliver the indulgent, premium eating experience that they love. Grow your business by ticking the right boxes for consumers, while maintaining performance and profitability.
Ingredion's wide range of speciality starch and flour-based ingredients for bakery goods can help you realise your business goals. Suitable for a wide range of applications, including cakes, bread, sweet biscuits, pastries and fillings, our innovative ingredient solutions allow you to overcome formulation challenges and get to market faster.
We're your indispensable partner, here to help you from concept and ingredient selection, to scale-up and consumer validation. Our chefs and technical experts work hand in glove with you, so you can win your market.
Overcome your formulation challenges with Ingredion
Ingredion combines science-based problem solving expertise with an extensive range of innovative ingredient solutions to help manufacturers in the bakery sector overcome the most critical formulation challenges.
- Add protein: Offers claims such as ‘source of protein’ or ‘high in protein’ for bread, cereal bars or, luxury breakfast cereal and muesli
- Add fibre: Add a front-of-pack for claim increased fibre content in your gluten-free bread, bread, cakes, cereal bars, luxury breakfast cereal and muesli
- Reduce cholesterol: Appeal to health-conscious consumers with a front-of-pack claim for cholesterol reduction
- Go gluten-free: Replace wheat with our gluten-free ingredients to create delicious gluten-free foods
- Go clean label: Work with our technical experts to reformulate your cream and fruit fillings for pies, cakes and bars, to deliver cleaner labels that consumers prefer
- Enhance texture: Create a differentiated texture in bakery products to stand out from the competition
- EU approved health claims: Achieve EFSA-substantiated health claims to support the positioning of your products as a healthier option
- Reduce sugar in sweet biscuits: Let’s give consumers what they want and create indulgent sweet biscuits with lower sugar content and improved nutritional profile.
Creating in-demand bakery products
Formulating bakery products today is as much about what consumers don’t want, as what they do. Our brochure explains how to keep them satisfied. To learn how to create products with the label claims consumers want, and the eating experience they enjoy, get the brochure now.
Guide: The Business of Clean Label
With the clean label category set to be valued at over $50 billion by 2024, it’s a mega trend food producers can’t afford to ignore. Consumer demand for clean label is well documented, but some manufacturers may be unaware that a clean label approach makes sound business sense too. Incorporating clean label can support your commercial drivers and deliver healthy business returns.
Taste Sweet Liberation
Are you feeling the pressure to reduce sugar content but don’t know where to start? Are you worried about the impact on taste, texture, affordability and clean label? Ingredion can help you break free.
With our formulation capabilities and broad ingredient portfolio, you can develop great tasting sweet biscuits that are low in sugar and high in consumer appeal. Freedom from sugar never tasted so good.
Knowing how to connect with consumers helps to shape successful product development. Take a look at our sweet bakery infographic to discover why sugar reduction is a growth area in sweet bakery, which sugar claims resonate most strongly and what’s driving sweetener preference.
Ready to taste the possibilities?
Experience the amazing results of our sugar reduction solutions for yourself with one of our exclusive tasting kits.
Deliciously sweet, low in calories, and exceptionally shelf stable, our reduced-sugar sweet biscuits and granola are impossible to resist.
All you have to do is unwrap and enjoy.
Stay up-to date with sugar reduction
Sign up to receive email alerts from Ingredion’s dedicated sugar reduction team. You’ll be the first to know about our latest sugar reduction ingredient solutions, upcoming events, tasty new recipe ideas and much more.
Contact your Ingredion sugar reduction experts today
Extensive formulation capabilities. Broad portfolio of sweeteners, flavour modifiers and texturisers. Market research and consumer insights. Discover how we can help you develop what’s next in reduced-sugar sweet biscuits.