NUTRAFLORA® prebiotic fibers
The purest form of short-chain fructooligosaccharide (scFOS) available on the market today
A standout among dietary fibers
Today’s consumers are more attuned to the importance of dietary and prebiotic fibers for maintaining digestive health. Yet achieving just-right taste and superior performance in your food and beverages, along with the fiber consumers want, takes the right ingredient.
How can you give consumers the enhanced fiber, reduced sugar and digestive support they want — along with the taste they desire and the ease of use you want — with just one proven ingredient?
One of the most effective prebiotic fibers and the purest form of short-chain fructooligosaccharide (scFOS) available on the market today, NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fiber helps increase the levels of good bacteria in the large intestine and is scientifically proven to support digestive health.1
- Easy to use and practically invisible when added to food and beverages
- Contains a minimum of 95% (dry basis) of scFOS
- Produced from non-GMO sucrose (cane sugar) through a nature-based bio-fermentation process
- 30% as sweet as sugar with fewer calories and a similar sweetness profile that leaves no aftertaste
Achieve label claims to make your product excel
Products that offer enhanced fiber and digestive health support are in high demand. By including even small quantities of NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fiber in your products, you can add consumer-friendly label claims2 including:
- Gentle prebiotic
- Promotes digestive function
- Supports immune health
Be confident you’re giving consumers what you say you are
The safety and effectiveness of NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fiber are built on a foundation of 200+ studies and 20 years of research. At Ingredion’s ISO 9002 certified facility, the consistent molecular composition of the prebiotic is guaranteed, lot to lot.
Enjoy first-rate functionality and processing
Fine-tuned to taste and perform consistently with superior purity, NUTRAFLORA® soluble prebiotic fiber has advantages that will make your products more successful, including:
- Enhances flavor and rounds out the sweetness profile of high intensity sweeteners
- Provides very low viscosity and high clarity in solution compared to other prebiotic fibers
- High solubility and dispersibility, ideal for liquid or dry formulations
- High-temperature stability under conditions such as HTST, UHT, retort, shear, drying, extrusion and batch cooking
- Extends humectancy and shelf life
- Suitable for use in low-calorie products — 1.5 kcal/g
1Hidaka K, Eida T, Takizawa T, Tokunaga T, Tashiro Y. Effects of fructooligosaccharides on intestinal flora and human health. Bifidobacteria Microflora 1986 5(1):37-50. Additional citations available upon request.
2Digestive and immune claims made with suggested NUTRAFLORA inclusion of a minimum of 1.1 g/day
This information is intended to support the efforts of our customers to develop and implement an appropriate labeling strategy for products containing Ingredion’s products. In all respects, the ultimate decisions on how to identify claims on food packages and label ingredients on food packages remains with our customers. Ingredion Incorporated and the Ingredion group of companies make no warranty about the accuracy or completeness of the information contained above or the suitability of any of our products for your specific intended use. We urge you to carefully review the relevant regulations and to seek appropriate legal counsel as you determine the labeling requirements applicable to your products.