Texturizing made clean and simple
Advance consumer appeal in clean label food with just-right texture
Today’s consumers are looking for food with great taste and texture made with recognizable, clean label ingredients. With Ingredion's native pea starches, formulators gain a versatile option to deliver these desired attributes without compromising taste or color.
From firm gels to easier processing, native pea starch offers key performance and functionality benefits in a wide variety of applications.
- Anti-caking for shredded cheese
- Grain-free texturizing in gluten-free baked goods
- Partially replacing gelatin in gummy and jelly confectionery
Ingredients consumers know and accept
Pea starch is perceived by consumers to be healthier1 than other starches and is accepted as an ingredient2 in a variety of applications. Plus, it supports today’s most popular label claims, such as non-GMO, vegan, grain-free and gluten-free.
Integrated solutions for sustainable business practices
PURITY® P native pea starches advance Ingredion’s unmatched portfolio of clean label texturizers. Plus, these starches make full use of the sustainably grown peas we use to create our protein ingredients, reducing resource use and supporting your brand’s sustainability image.
Versatile functionality with strong performance characteristics
- Flowable powder
- Quick-setting, firm gels
- High water binding capacity
- Good film-forming properties
- Low dusting
More efficient and economical production lines
PURITY® P pea starches provide gelling at lower temperatures than high-amylose native corn starches, eliminating the requirement of jet cooking and its extra energy expense. And because pea starch offers low, stable viscosity with little breakdown compared to other native starches, your solutions are easier to stir, pour and pump.
Native pea starches bring it all together for formulators
Pea starch, a smart choice across many demanding categories
- Baked goods: Create gluten-free baked goods and dry mixes with similar attributes to gluten-containing products that consumers crave
- Batter & breaded products: Provide good adhesion and crispy texture in breadings and help maintain those textures over time
- Confectionery products: Achieve production efficiencies for gummy and jelly confectionery while supporting differentiated and appealing textures
- Meat emulsions and analogs: Deliver a clean label solution for creating firm, meaty textures while improving cook yield
- Noodles: Help meet the demand for on-trend, consumer friendly ingredients in pastas and noodles
- Shredded cheese: Replace cellulose- and potato-based anti-caking agents while providing label-friendly performance
- Snacks: Answer demand for clean label extruded snacks with innovative, just-right textures
- Tumble marinated poultry: Replace phosphate, while delivering good cook yield and flavor
- Pet food and treats: Improve texture and functionality with a clean label
1. Ingredion proprietary ATLAS research, consumer study, global, 2019
2. Ingredion proprietary research, Food Advisory Council, shredded cheese consumers, August 2019
The information described above is offered solely for your consideration, investigation and independent verification. It is up to you to decide whether and how to use this information. Ingredion Incorporated and the Ingredion group of companies make no warranty about the accuracy or completeness of the information contained above or the suitability of any of their products for your specific intended use. Furthermore, all express or implied warranties of noninfringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are hereby disclaimed. Ingredion Incorporated and the Ingredion group of companies assume no responsibility for any liability or damages arising out of or relating to the foregoing.