Formulating for health
Create healthier food and beverages with Ingredion
Offer healthier food and beverages for better living
Personalized health is certainly a wide-open opportunity for today’s food and beverage manufacturers. Nutrition plays a very important role in one's health, and as consumers increasingly shift to a more proactive approach, they are using food and beverages to prevent disease, rather than treating it after the fact. In areas such as digestive health and metabolic health, consumers want functional ingredients and trustworthy products that offer tailored solutions.
- 83% of global consumers agreeing that food choices are important for maintaining their health1
- 1 in 3 consumers globally using food and beverage to manage a digestive health condition2
Adding healthful ingredients is an obvious choice — and with help from our experts, easier than ever to accomplish.
Rely on Ingredion’s healthy solutions and expertise for your formulation needs
A state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. 3
Delivery of ingredients for total health
- Digestive health
- Metabolic management
Key areas and opportunities driven by consumer health trends:
- Personalized healthy eating — consumer needs are evolving, and there is not a one-size-fits-all solution. With advances in science and technology, consumers have more options that are personalized to their taste preferences as well as their dietary and functional needs.
- Preventative health — seeking varying degrees of preventative health over disparate timelines, consumers are using food as medicine as they pursue an incremental and proactive approach to health, prioritize self-care over sick care and continue to avoid negatively perceived ingredients.
- Holistic well-being — consumers today prioritize an overall desire to feel good, with mental and emotional well-being as important as their physical health.
For many manufacturers exploring these opportunities, finding the right science-backed healthy ingredients — and understanding how and why they work, and when to use them — can be a significant challenge. If you’re formulating for health and need an experienced, dedicated partner to help navigate the world of healthy foods, the ingredient experts at Ingredion have solutions at the ready.
Create greater consumer trust for your brand with science-backed nutrition
According to MMR research, a global leader in consumer and sensory research, “Brands taking a more scientific and true efficacy approach to explaining the nutritional benefits of their products will most likely gain credibility, build greater trust and be a preferred provider for consumers.”
To capitalize on this opportunity, Ingredion’s team of global nutrition scientists and regulatory experts work alongside brands to overcome formulation challenges. We provide scientific credibility and can help you deliver true health benefits, enabling you to differentiate and build consumer trust. We provide the foundational technical nutrition science and compliance work so you can have the confidence and capabilities to deliver nutrition, health and wellness products faster.
Guidance and benefits provided by our global network of nutrition science and regulatory professionals include the ability to:
- Enable claim substantiation and help to establish scientific evidence with our deep understanding of the metabolism of ingredients and the resulting health benefits
- Provide a swift regional response to the regulatory changes of the global food and beverage landscape
- Provide clarity to complicated legislation and work to remove barriers in the marketplace through product approvals and usage expansion
Ingredients with proactive health benefits for consumers
Explore a selection of our ingredients below, and then contact our experts to see how we can apply our deep ingredient and healthy formulation expertise to help you speed up innovation and create winning products.
Our digestive health and fibre enrichment ingredients promote function of the digestive barrier and a healthy microbiome, necessary for appropriate digestion, nutrient absorption and defecation.
Our full digestive health ingredient portfolio includes prebiotics (GOS), low-FODMAP ingredients and soluble and insoluble fibres from different raw material sources.
BIOLIGO™ GL 5700 Prebiotic Fibre for IMF
Enhance the nutritional profile of your infant formulas and growing-up milks with BIOLIGO® GL 5700 IMF GOS.
Increase satiety, manage weight, promote healthy blood glucose and cholesterol levels with our ingredients for metabolic management.
Pre-Hydrated® Pectin 1694
Manage blood glucose with this EFSA-approved fibre ingredient that’s standardized for viscosity.
Find a solution for your specific food or beverage application
Whether you’re trying to simplify labels, ensure products are delicious or help consumers make healthier choices, Ingredion has the ingredients and expertise to help.
Add protein without sacrificing taste or texture.
Achieve sweetness innovation.
Get ahead with in-demand ingredients tailored to your needs.
Plant-based dairy alternatives
Solve plant-based dairy formulating challenges with Ingredion's deep knowhow and portfolio of solutions.
Balance snack cravings with preferred product attributes, meeting demand for nutrition, clean label ingredients, sustainability and more.
Explore a wealth of resources from Ingredion to help you be what's next™.
1-Ingredion Global SR Proprietary Study, August 2021
2-Health & Wellness Across the Globe. The Hartman Group, 2021
3-Source: World Health Organization
Product availability differs by country. Reach out to our experts to find a suitable solution for your needs.