Clean label ingredients
Simplify labels and satisfy consumers with clean label ingredients
Consumers are choosing clean label products all over the world
A clean label can help to ensure your product repeatedly gets chosen. Yet, when you have complex functionality and performance needs to consider, clean labels can present a challenge. Ingredion’s global reach and local knowledge can help you create authentic foods and beverages formulated with next-level ingredients consumers accept, expect and prefer.
We’re standing by to help you create rich and creamy yoghurts that can withstand harsh processing conditions and canned or frozen ready meals with rich flavours and home-style textures that last longer on the shelf. In personal and home care, we can help you create hair conditioners with rich emollients and dishwashing detergents that don’t leave streaks or bubbles. With our naturally-derived ingredients, you can formulate consumer-preferred products with label appeal — without compromising performance.
Discover consumer clean label expectations
We push past the expected to understand what consumers want from their foods and beverages. With a sharp focus on your needs, we can help you overcome challenges and prioritize your new product development and reformulation efforts. Our regularly published independent research, reports and data on the enduring clean label trend give you what you need to be what’s next.
- Explore our proprietary ATLAS clean label research, which surveys thousands of consumers, to learn the latest on ingredient acceptability and awareness
- Rely on our teams of technical and market experts can help identify next-generation clean label ingredients to accelerate your growth — and help you meet performance needs.
- Ask us about our NOVATION®, HOMECRAFT® and PURITY® BIO clean label range of functional starches and FIBER TEX® range of citrus fibres.
Collaborate with our experts for answers to your toughest product challenges
Get the insights and expertise of our two-plus decades of pioneering the clean label movement. Our deep clean label applications and formulation experience define what consumers expect from clean label products and can help you:
- Get more functionality out of fewer ingredients
- Replace additives and allergens while keeping all the delicious goodness
- Answer rising demand for “free-from” products without compromising on taste, texture and functionality
- Discover how your business can realize a return on your investment and affordably leverage the clean label trend
Whatever your application and product challenge is, our teams of technical and market experts can provide you with everything you need — from sensory and CULINOLOGY® to applications R&D, scale-up and regulatory — with seamless communication and collaboration.
Access a broad portfolio of clean label solutions
Stay ahead of trends with clean and simple ingredients that deliver all the taste, texture and performance you need to drive a new way forward. Our comprehensive line of clean label ingredients features many options to help you replace ingredients perceived as undesirable in existing products and develop new products with shorter lists of consumer-preferred ingredients.