Discover the growing importance of Gluten-Free
What does gluten-free mean?
Gluten is the term given to the proteins that are found in wheat, barley and rye (among other similar products). These essentially act as the glue that holds food together, giving items stretchable properties.
Those who suffer from coeliac disease have an adverse reaction to gluten, causing damage to the small intestine. At present, it’s an incurable condition, which means sufferers need to follow a strict no-gluten diet.
There is a clear and growing demand for gluten-free products. The bakery sector in particular is leading this growth, accounting for almost two thirds of the gluten-free market. This demand is not only from those who have been diagnosed with coeliac disease or are gluten-intolerant, but an increasing number of consumers are choosing to eliminate gluten from their diets for health and wellness reasons.
This infographic explains the numbers behind the trend.
So how can you ensure your gluten-free products delight consumers and have them coming back for more?
How can we help?
Contact our experts today to find the right ingredient for your needs.
Creating In-Demand Gluten-Free Baked Goods
Formulating bakery products today is as much about what consumers don’t want, as what they do. Our Gluten-free brochure simply explains how to keep them satisfied. To learn how to create gluten-free products consumers want, and the eating experience they enjoy, get the brochure now.
Gluten-free products that don’t compromise on taste
There’s a long-held belief that gluten-free food items - especially baked goods - lack the taste and texture that consumers are familiar with. However, things have changed, as consumers increasingly expect to find gluten-free options that are comparable to gluten-containing products.
Ingredion can help you formulate delicious, nutritious gluten-free products without compromising on taste, texture or visual appeal. We have a range of gluten-free ingredients to help you solve even the most testing of challenges. Replace wheat with our gluten-free ingredients to create delicious gluten-free food solutions.
From gluten-free flour to advanced texturising systems, here you’ll find everything your business needs to provide your customers with the tasty gluten-free products that they desire.
Here’s a snapshot of our range
- Part of our extensive portfolio of gluten-free products, PRECISA® Bake GF texturising system helps to produce high-quality gluten-free baked goods whilst reducing development time.
- Based on modified and native starches, PRECISA® Bake GF texturising system is a cost-efficient, highly-functional solution with proven superior quality in smoothness, moistness and cohesiveness. Ideal for manufacturers looking to create soft and resilient gluten-free baked goods such as sandwich breads, buns, muffins and cakes.
- A flour solution for premium gluten-free products is HOMECRAFT® Create GF 20 flour. This certified gluten-free functional flour based on tapioca and rice enables a simple 'flour' label declaration.
- Our gluten-free ingredients don't compromise on fibre either. HI-MAIZE® 260 resistant starch is the easiest way to add fibre to bakery products, and does not impact dough rheology, aspect, taste or texture.
I want to reformulate but need help
- Finding the right ingredient for your needs can be a challenge, our team of experts are ready to support you when working on new product development, reformulation or ingredient replacement.
I need more insight
- Explore our research reports or download the gluten-free brochure, it explains how to create gluten-free products without compromising the taste, texture or visual appeal consumers want.
I want to sample ingredients
- If you know which ingredient you need in your formulation you can request a sample quickly and simply online. Use our 'how to choose' tools to find the product or products you are looking for.