Meat, seafood & poultry
Get the most out of your meat, seafood, and poultry products
Turn your concepts into reality with Ingredion
Ingredion’s meat solutions can help you to reduce production costs whilst protecting both taste and texture of end products. As consumers become more demanding, we can help you keep pace with the latest changing trends in the market. When you work with us, you can improve yield, texture, cold temperature stability and shelf life in your meat products.
Our team of researchers, technical experts and chefs are here to advise on the unique starch solutions available to you in the meat sector. Our partnership approach is focussed on discovering what is needed for success, by balancing cost and quality, every step of the way.
Overcome your formulation challenges with Ingredion
Our meat solutions provide various benefits to help you address specific challenges in producing meat or meat alternatives. Our technical team is on hand to answer any product or application-related questions you may have.
- Reduce costs: Reduce and control costs by replacing ingredients with the right starch solutions, making your process more efficient without compromising texture or visual appeal of your products
- Improve product quality: Improve the mouthfeel of your meat products by making them firmer, juicier and more fibrous, with our specialist solutions and expert advice from our technical experts
- Clean label: As the pioneer of clean label ingredients we can help you to produce market leading, delicious, clean label, natural meat products
- Protein enrichment: Extend texture in meat products while boosting health appeal to capitalise on the growing consumer demand for higher protein foods
Drive a new way forward in your meat, seafood or poultry application
Whatever your goals, find the expertise and ingredients you need to deliver great-tasting, on-trend meat products while optimising costs.
Ground and formed nuggets and patties
Challenges: Achieving optimal moisture and fat binding while maintaining shape and structure of the product.
- Discover a wide range of starches that bind the moisture and fat in your products to provide structure and texture that consumers want.
- Reduce fat and improve the nutritional profile of products without compromising on appearance and taste.
- Improve the processability and machinability of your products.
Challenges: Achieve the perfect balance of emulsion stability, texture, yield improvement and taste in emulsified meat.
- Learn how using starches in meat products will improve the firmness and chew of the meat without interfering with flavour.
- Develop products with increased shelf life.
- improve overall texture, cutability and spreadability by reducing moisture loss and improving texture consistency.
- Achieve more bite and a firmer texture bite for better sensory characteristics and appearance.
Injected, tumbled and marinated poultry
Challenges: Managing the moisture and achieving ideal yield with low purge in poultry applications; removing the phosphates to simplify ingredient labels.
- Discover how collaborating with our in-house meat experts can add value to your recipes with innovative, clean-label functional ingredients that meet consumers’ needs.
- Develop marinades that help you achieve an optimal balance of yield, taste and texture.
- Use special ingredients to ensure your products have the right moistness, texture and shelf stability.
Looking to adobt plant-based meat alternatives?
Consumers are hungry for meat alternatives made from sustainable, nutritious plant-based proteins. Combining deep know-how and applications expertise — and a broad portfolio of plant-based proteins and texture solutions — we can help you accelerate your path to market with the products your customers crave.