Plant-based meat & fish alternatives
Deliver nutritious meat alternatives with the taste and textures consumers demand.
Consumers are hungry for meat alternatives made from sustainable, nutritious plant-based proteins. Combining deep know-how and applications expertise — and a broad portfolio of plant-based proteins and texture solutions — we can help you accelerate your path to market with the products your customers crave.
Tap into our full resources, including dedicated pilot plants, to take your idea from formulation to commercialisation while addressing your key challenges in texture, binding, nutrition and more:
- Create convincing meaty texture with just-right bite through our food system solutions
- Improve nutrition with plant-based proteins, fibre and micronutrients
- Ensure highest quality, processing ease and shelf life
Create innovative meat and meat alternatives products consumers want
Whatever your goals, find the expertise and ingredients you need to deliver great-tasting, on-trend meat and meat alternative products while optimising costs.
Challenges: Developing plant-based alternative meat products with excellent texture and eating experience.
- Address consumer demand for plant-based protein sources
- Discover a wide range of highly functional specialty and native starches as well as our pulse protein and flour ingredients
- Develop alternative meat products with desired taste, texture and nutritional profile.
Challenges: Developing plant-based seafood eating experiences that are at the forefront of the evolving plant-based market
- Create a plant-based seafood patty that provides the texture & tenderness of a traditional seafood patty.
- Create prawns, calamari, fishcake, and seafood patties with our all-in-one stabiliser systems.
Emulsified meat alternatives
Challenges: As with meat itself, meat alternatives need to achieve the perfect balance of emulsion stability, texture, yield improvement and taste in emulsified meat alternatives.
- Learn how using starches will improve the firmness and chew without interfering with flavour
- Develop products with increased shelf life
- Improve overall texture, cutability and spreadability by reducing moisture loss and improving texture consistency
- Achieve a firmer bite for better sensory characteristics and appearance.
Ground and formed plant-based nuggets and patties
Challenges: Achieving optimal moisture and fat binding while maintaining shape and structure of the product.
- Discover a wide range of starches that bind the moisture and fat in your products to provide structure and texture that consumers want
- Reduce fat and improve the nutritional profile of products without compromising on appearance and taste
- Improve the processability and machinability of your products.
VITESSENCE® TEX textured pea protein
VITESSENCE® TEX textured pea and faba bean proteins are designed to help you build the right texture, nutritional profile and front-of-pack claims in meat alternatives and plant-based ready meals.
Discover our formulations for plant-based meat & seafood alternatives
|Plant-based all-purpose meat||Plant-based emulsified meat||Plant-based seafood|
Formats: Minced meat, burger patties, dumpling filling and meatballs
Formats: Sausage, luncheon meat and ham
Formats: Shrimp, calamari, fishcake and seafood patties
SIMPLISTICA® stabiliser systems and VITESSENCE® Tex Textured Protein mince and chunks textured protein provide versatility to Plant-Based All-Purpose Meat applications and allow variation in textures, supporting the creation of a range of consumer-friendly formats.
They are also good sources of protein; ‘pea protein’ labelling is possible.
SIMPLISTICA® stabiliser systems support the creation of various textures and provide product stability during and post-processing, delivering ideal textures and allowing clients to bring their products to market with speed.
Our all-in-one SIMPLISTICA® stabiliser systems are designed to mimic the texture of real seafood, with ideal shapes and structures that support an enjoyable plant-based eating experience.
Report: Be part of the plant-based revolution
With demand for delicious plant-based food and drink increasing, there is a prime opportunity to tap in and deliver ROI for your business. Are you ready?
Meat Alternative Webinars
Tune into our webinar how Ingredion can help you create inspiring products in meat alternatives and explore the latest market opportunities for your business.
Video: Meat Alternatives - Power Up Your Plate
Alternatives don’t have to be different. Join Chef Kevin from our kitchen as he explores what is possible with plant-based ingredients to inspire your next big breakthrough.
Video: VITESSENCE® TEX for Meat Alternatives Webinar
Watch our webinar to learn how Ingredion can help you create innovative products in meat alternatives, and explore the latest market opportunities for your business.
Looking to coat your plant-based nuggets and seafood?
We have the perfect ingredients for your coating systems to provide the right texture & extra crunch to lift your coated plant-based product to the next level.
Making it plant possible
Discover innovation that allow you to deliver plant-based products that still deliver the tastes and textures consumers expect
VITESSENCE® TEX textured pulse proteins
VITESSENCE® TEX textured pea and faba bean proteins are your solution to non-soy based, gluten-free meat alternatives with a consumer-preferred texture.
HOMECRAFT® Pluse flours
Create exciting new food products that are highly nutritious, fortified with protein and naturally gluten-free with our new pulse flour. Discover HOMECRAFT® Pulse 3105 faba bean flour from Ingredion.
VITESSENCE® Pulse Protein Isolates
Replace soy, wheat and animal proteins with pea protein isolates containing 80-85% plant protein on a dry basis to enable protein claims in foods and beverages.
Ingredion’s new recipe innovations your guided steps to start creating products with your existing machinery. So that you can deliver plant-based products that help your consumers save the planet, one bite at a time.
Award winning plant-based proteins
We bring our extensive portfolio of sustainable plant-protein solutions and formulation expertise to help customers bring products with consumer-preferred taste, texture and nutrition to market.
Contact the Ingredion plant-based meat experts today
Agile collaboration. Deep formulation expertise. Broad portfolio of on-trend ingredients. Market research and consumer insights. Let's make your goal a reality.